Re: New to Euphoria and I have some questions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
davidbruce said...

Have you begun the the site re-write? If you do is there a branch anywhere or do you have any mock ups already? I could help in this area to start off.

So far 90% of my work has been on Euphoria MVC, which will be the platform for the new site. Aside from that, the new site is just a collection of code scraps on my laptop.

I want to get the HTTP server code working in Euphoria MVC, which will help streamline development of any website using the platform, since you can just "run" the app and test it in your browser.

My advice at this point is to peruse Euphoria MVC, see what I've done, and try to make something of it yourself. Then, check out the euweb code to see how that all comes together.

davidbruce said...

Do you have a branch for the matherr issue as well? Or should I be able to reproduce the issue from master with glibc 2.27 or greater?

Shawn had worked on this last year and committed some code to the 4.0 branch. We need to ensure that's in the master branch as well, and make a few tests for it if we have not.

Like I said, the biggest hurdle is the Makefile. It can be made to work as-is if you get all of the little dependencies worked out (trust me, you'll find them as you try to run make).

It needs to be rebuilt so that there are as few dependencies as possible. I should be able to install Euphoria on my system, install GCC, and then run ./configure && make.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu