Re: Where Does OpenEuphoria Fit Today

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
begin said...

Hallo Pete, I did talk to our management for the extension of phix with structures and some payment for it, but that turned out to be a real mistake. The company policy of the larger headquarters is to use c#. We may use phix now only, if we don’t talk about it, so to mean secretly. What a bummer. Well at least we gave it a try. I still think you should extend the language with structs. Richard

I'm sure you know that the reason for requiring the use of C# is so programmers are "interchangeable" i.e. replaceable with a newer, cheaper model.

That's sad, but that's what happens when the bean-counters are allowed to run things.

I'm just glad that I retired while companies (the one I worked for, at least) showed some loyalty to their employees. They would send an employee whose job was redundant back to school, paying the tuition, to train for another job with the company. That's how I got into programming.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu