Re: Problem with using ALT keys and/or CTRL keys with wxEuphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
Bhupen1277 said...

ghaberek: I shall appreciate it if you can throw more light on wxEVT_CHAR_HOOK. Many thanks.

The wxEVT_CHAR_HOOK event is used to propogate wxEVT_CHAR-like events "upwards" from the current control that has focus, so that a top level window (like wxFrame) can handle the events globally.

AFAIK it's a bit of a hack and does not work on all platforms (it might actually be Windows-only). If you want to use it, make sure you include the wxWANTS_CHARS flag in your window style when calling create().

-Greg

Another piece of information. With my current setup, I am having problems with two character only under Ctrlkey pressed. Ctrl i and Ctrl m are being trapped internally by wxWidgets. Perhaps I can use wxEVT_CHAR_HOOK to rectify this situation. wxWANTS_CHARS flag is already there in the creation of windows. Currently I am not worried about non-Windows users, as my effort is for the Windows users and eventually for the Android users. BTW, for your information, there already are over 100 single character Fonts for the Hindi Language and over 500 overall single character Fonts for India languages. However, almost all of them invade the programming character keys (shift 0-9) and all the others such as [ ] { } < > / ? etc. Hence this effort. Some go over to the num-pad area which is absent in laptops.

Thanks again.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu