Re: Fatal memory error

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

There's a memory leak somewhere, whether that's in the interpreter, the program you wrote, any dlls you are using or indeed windows itself. It may be impossible to find with a runtime of days.

I have something similar, a Phix slideshow program, running at my surgeries for client info and such, updated as required by dropbox. If I leave it running for several days, it invariably runs out of memory. I tried hunting it down, but to no avail. Closing and restarting helped, but there was always a gradual run out of memory

My solution was to set a time within the program to close the program down at a specific time, and then set a scheduled task to reboot the computer after this, and then in startup to restart the program. When I am in bed, or not at the surgeries, this requires no intervention from me at all now, the program runs for no more than 12 hours, and the computer reboots every 24 hours.

This solution may not suit all people where a program needs to run all the time, but even there, an occasional auto restart is often not difficult to fit in.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu