Re: Where Does OpenEuphoria Fit Today

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Depends.

If your goal is to be a cubicle slave, programming for others, then Euphoria isn't even an option. You'll have to use the tools they provide, which only makes sense, since you'll need to be, let's say, "interchangeable" with other programmers. AKA easy to get rid of, so they can hire someone cheaper.

If you are independent, then it works as well as anything else. I've never once had a client ask what programming language I'm going to use, they just have a job that needs to be done - usually 'yesterday' if not sooner - so if I can quickly produce something that works, they're happy. If the solution is also easily maintainable, then I'm happy too. Euphoria often fits those requirements.

If you are just learning to program, then Euphoria is a good starting point. Nobody who is serious about this stops with just one language, after all.

As for making Euphoria 'popular' - forget about it, not going to happen.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu