Re: Where Does OpenEuphoria Fit Today

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

Dont want to be a doom merchant, because Eu is a fantastic language, and will certainly be my goto choice for quick and dirty scripts. But you are right, there are many other choices, and why should anyone put any effort into essentially a niche programming language.

Euphoria has no traction, or marketing / user base like the other languages, like Go and TypeScript, and is not used in a large business environment like Java/Javascript/C# etc. As a novice programmer, why would you choose a programming language that isn't used anywhere, has a small user (but enthusiastic) user base, and whose development is sporadic at best. Java and Javascript are the number one business languages at the moment.

I'll always keep a copy of Phix and Euphoria on my hard drive, and I'm sorry to all the newcomers here, and don't want to discourage them because we all know how great Eu is, just the rest of the world doesn't) but I think Eu is in it's last throes.

I saw a small glimmer of hope recently, the Eu to Java translator - ease of eu, large user base of Java, and access to the massive set of Java libraries, but this looks like a one man effort (Pete).

Sorry.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu