Re: A function that expands value() and more

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jpartridge said...

However, I doubt that has been evaluated to numerical... Has it? Can they be used as numerical values? I don't know, I've been testing Euphoria only for 10 days or so. Please, be patient with me and keep answering my (eventually dumb) questions. Okay? Thanks.

Basically, your output must be a string. A sequence stores no semantics of how it must be displayed. If you use puts() the second argument will be treated as a string. If you use print(), it will be treated as a numeric sequence. Puts() cannot tell whether what you give it is meant to be a string or a sequence of numbers.

in particular, 48='0' but if you're building a string you ought to use '0' rather than 48 just for clarity of your intentions.

There are other ways you can learn Euphoria. Read our manual. We have html and pdf! It's a lot to take in at once. Check out the demos, and try making small changes in a copy of them. If you get unexpected results, come ask here. People are friendly.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu