Re: Trying Phix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...

Would you mind explaining what the significance of Phix is, and how it compares to OpenEuphoria?

See http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/117059.wc

To that I would add native threads are complete and that Phix self-hosts on Linux, though not much else works there yet. Two other things I know are missing are regular expressions and sockets.

ryanj said...

And how does it build/compile itself compared to how OpenEuphoria binds/translates?

Phix is self hosted, no other tools required. All done in 15 seconds or less - just run "p -c p", or "./phix -c p" on Linux.

ryanj said...

What are your future plans for Phix?

Just today, I got my first ever pure-Phix dll working, in preparation for getting .so to run properly on Linux (whether pure-Phix or not), and getting more things working on Linux is top of the list (or should be, I keep on finding excuses to do more Windows stuff, like creating dlls, porting Edita to pGUI/IUP, or yet more rosettacode entries).

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu