Re: Question - open_dll()

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

OK, I ran the process logger and found the following for my .dll (now called beu.dll to avoid any confusion with eu):

"2:40:17.4151586 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CreateFile","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS","Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened"

"2:40:17.4152695 PM","euiw.exe","4272","QueryBasicInformationFile","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS","CreationTime: 8/12/2016 5:08:00 AM, LastAccessTime: 8/12/2016 5:08:00 AM, LastWriteTime: 8/12/2016 4:12:02 AM, ChangeTime: 8/13/2016 2:37:07 PM, FileAttributes: A"

"2:40:17.4153241 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CloseFile","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS",""

"2:40:17.4157399 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CreateFile","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS","Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Execute/Traverse, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened"

"2:40:17.4158588 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CreateFileMapping","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS","SyncType: SyncTypeCreateSection, PageProtection: "

"2:40:17.4161461 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CreateFileMapping","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS","SyncType: SyncTypeOther"

"2:40:17.4164209 PM","euiw.exe","4272","CloseFile","C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\beu.dll","SUCCESS",""

the file beu.dll resides in the C:\Users\Jesse\Software\Euphoria\dll_test\ directory which is the same directory that holds the eu program trying to access the .dll. It would appear that things are going along fine.

include std/dll.e 
include jd/jd.e 
atom dll_pntr = open_dll("beu.dll") --also tried atom dll_pntr = open_dll("C:\\Users\\Jesse\\Software\\Euphoria\\dll_test\\beu.dll") 
printf(1,"dll_pntr = %d\n",dll_pntr) 

The above code prints out dll_pntr = 0
I do not follow all of this; however, it seems to me that it discovered the file, got the basic information about it, created a map and then closed it.
I will say that procmon is a neat program. Very useful.
Here is the c code for both the .dll and the test program.

//This is the code inside the .dll  created with dev c++ in the C only mode 

#include <stdio.h> 

__declspec(dllexport) int add(int a, int b) 
{ 
		return a+b; 
} 
__declspec(dllexport) void ftn(void) 
{ 
		puts("Inside DLL\n"); 
} 

----------------------------------------------------- 
//This is the C test program: 

#include <stdio.h> 

__declspec(dllimport) int add(int a, int b); 
__declspec(dllimport) void ftn(void); 

int main(void) 
{ 
	ftn(); 
	printf("Answer is:  %d\n",add(3,5)); 
	return 1; 
} 

Here is the output of the dll explorer:

add	0x6d3c1430	0x00001430	1 (0x1)	Beu.dll		 
ftn	0x6d3c1444	0x00001444	2 (0x2)	Beu.dll	 

I can email you the actual .dll file; however, I think it's OK. Please don't spend too much time on this. It can always remain "just another mystery".
Thanks for your help,
jd

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu