Re: Eu->dll on Windows, can't get it to work

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AndySerpa said...

Just to repeat, although I did get a simple function that passes an integer back and forth to work, it will also crash without passing (or returning) any parameters at all depending on what it did, or that same function that was working will fail just by adding a print statement.

e.g. the function

function simpletest(integer x) 
return x+1 
end function 

works. But this crashes:

function simpletest(integer x) 
? x 
return x+1 
end function 

So the problem seems larger than Euphoria data types.

the return value might be an E_TYPE as well? do you get any better results with a procedure instead of a function. I seem to recall reading somewhere that all calls were functions in the actual calling code but maybe discards the results.

I can't get a dll built in 4.x or 4.1x that doesn't mangle the function names with gcc all of them giving me the silent exit treatment.

forgot to add: we really need to start tagging eu*.a with the compiler version. -v reports the repo number on the executable so maybe the string could be embedded in the libs and executable along with the compiler version? even if you have to hex view it.

gcc -v >> builddir/ver.cache could go with the distribution too

I'm not convinced there aren't linking problems with some versions of gcc beyond the obvious incompatible version linking errors you get sometimes. though it does seem to work most times with translated code ok wrapping dlls seems to be another story.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu