Re: RedyCode 0.9.0 officially released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...

I just confirmed, if the window pops up to ask if i want to allow eui.exe to run from RedyCode, RedyCode crashes with no ex.err file. Sometimes it takes a second or two, sometimes it is immediate.

And I just fixed it! I forgot that i had the same crash bug when using GetOpenFileName(). When a win32 dialog is open and blocking a redy program, it crashes because the WM_TIMER event handler has a task_yield() in it. The solution was to temporarily disable the task_yield() call while a dialog is open. I added that to the ShellExecute wrapper, and now it works fine even if the security dialog pops up.

Now that i think about it, this could explain why ShellExecute would crash every once in a while, even when it doesn't need to ask for permission to run the exe. If it takes a fraction of a second too long for the function to return, i guess the 0.1 second timer that's running may call the callback in that amount of time, causing a rare crash.

I made a few other improvements too. 0.9.1 will be released asap.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu