Re: Euphoria for Android

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
acEduardo said...

Masochistic? Overcomplicated? I dont know. I just want to do this with the tools i already have, i.e. without installing the giant Android NDK. If could be possible to resolve it writing a shell script or three, why do a 1GB download/more than 1h setup, (at least for me) stressful, used-once process? What do you people think?

I think you're going to have an awfully hard time creating an actual app with Euphoria. The frontend of Android runs through the Android Runtime (ART) which is all Java based and cannot be interfaced via other components (i.e. native C/C++). The Android NDK (Native Development Kit) only allows for creating parts of the application in C/C++. The frontend must always be written in Java.

Android NDK said...

The Android NDK is a toolset that lets you implement parts of your app using native-code languages such as C and C++. For certain types of apps, this can help you reuse existing code libraries written in those languages.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu