Re: New and having problems

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mollusk said...

I did forget to mention fast which is something I tend not to find in something like python. Further while claiming to be easier to use, python has sure confused the heck out of me many times before. I always found stuff like init(self) to be confusing to look at. Sure experienced python programmers understand the strange syntax, but it always made me feel pretty uncomfortable. Python is not for me, I never liked the white space concept (for one thing) and I never will. It was just nice to type python in terminal and experiment with something by itself real quick to make sure it works. I don't really need or care that much about it but it was nice to have sometimes.

I downloaded wee but it had a runtime error which seemed to be related to incorrect syntax. So I moved on to something else and ended up using vim, then kate. I would like to get wee working one of these days and can share the error I got later in a different thread.

EDIT: By the way, is there an IRC channel available? I usually have trouble learning from documentation alone and having a chat room would be helpful for me as a slow learner.

I have used euphoria for years, and i really like the simple syntax. It's easy to read and understand.

There is a #euphoria chatroom on freenode.net. I'm one of the few people who still hang out in there, if you want to chat.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu