Re: Open Euphony -- for "offline" Euphoria discussions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...
katsmeow said...
_tom said...

( It was created in response to some remark in an old posting. Unfortunately the person I was targeting did not join.)

Doesn't "offline" mean it's unofficial, no one will read it, and it doesn't matter? Who did you want to shunt away from talking in the forum that matters?

Hello Kat, nice to hear from you.

Thank you for the sentiment, but i must tell you that regarding OEu, nothing has changed in the years i have been away from here (except for Matt and Derek leaving, and Jeremy left before i did). Ergo, i feel the same, and i wish i didn't.

_tom said...

It was a "proof of concept" to show that, with a small community, all discussions have to be on this forum.

I agree. Despite, i just "signed up for" on google, got the confirmation email, followed instructions, and nothing happened. If participating requires a google account, it won't happen for me.

_tom said...

No forum member gets shunted away from this Forum.

There is a post, which i made yesterday, still held in moderation that refutes a post regarding participating.

_tom said...

The ideas in Open Euphony should be revived, but on this Forum. It just shows that things that move slowly can get even more sluggish.

I agree, but no one has actually improved OEu code base in years, it's stalled dead. I have one remaining feature request for OEu, and other people have said they want it also, but it will never happen. I'll bet 1) there's no more official OEu releases (there's no new code and no recogniseable officials), and 2) there will never be an official irc include for OEu, even tho there's been calls for it and i have posted a lot of working and proven irc code. I say this only to show OEu has been so sluggish for the last 4 years that nothing has changed! (Except that more valued people have disappeared, and i disregard the last "official" release because of bugs in it.)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu