Re: Discussion - how do you GUI?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jessedavis said...

I deal with non-computer people that need computer services. A GUI can give a straight forward intuitive approach to the computer say for data entry. A clever GUI can mitigate typos, etc. for more reliable data. I make liberal use of pop-ups that interact with the user for, say, to correct mistakes or check that the user really means it. If there are limited choices, pop up a list to select from. I am a modular programmer. The smaller the better. For me, the GUI needs to use available graphics already found on the machine. Having to carry along or download a package is a pain. A layout program is nice; however, I usually do it by hand

I also used popups on a form: when the user clicks OK and some data is invalid, it gives a useful explanation of what is wrong with the data.

Instead of using popups, i thought it would be nice if each textbox could display an "invalid" indicator on it, and display an explanation under it when it has focus. I may incorporate that concept into Redy's textboxes.

It is annoying to have to provide a bunch of bmp files with the exe. If i use images in a program that is released to the public, i embed them into euphoria sequences.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu