Re: Iup Testsetup Win32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
andi49 said...

Hallo

I have created an Iup testsetup Eu4.1 32bit+Iup+Editor.

Based on ghaberkes Editor-0.1b-Win32.zip download.

It's all his and _tom's work i just hacked it to make it work the way i like it.

http://euphoria.indonesianet.de/euiup.zip

Andreas

I have been gone for about 6 years. I was a devoted user of Judith's IDE and was very sad to hear about her passing. I'm sorry to see that Jeremy and a few other regulars at that time are MIA. But happy to see that the community is still thriving.

My developer skills are non-existent.

I'm not even an advanced user, with the definitions from http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/129178.wc

But I did put together a few euphoria programs of relatively small size in 2008 that survive to this day in production environments.

So, I'd like to think I'm not a complete newb and I could just download the euiup.zip file, figure out where to place the resulting unpacked euiup folder, fire up one of the *.ex programs in the euiup\samples\ folder and see what there is to see. No joy.

Since I'm not a developer, I can't precisely determine what is going wrong. About the best I can do is describe what I see and hope that somebody else can spot the problem.

Following the above methodology I decided to try filedlg.ex.

After clicking on it, it errors out and my ex.err file indicates:

c_proc/c_func: bad routine number (-1) in line 260 of iup.e

260 is: atom result = c_func( xIupOpen, {argc,p_argv} )

xIupOpen is defined on line 55 as:

55 is: xIupOpen = define_c_func( iup, "+IupOpen", {C_POINTER,C_POINTER}, C_INT )

As a user and not a developer this is where I freeze.

Can anybody spot what might be the problem from the above?

I also tried invoking filedlg.ex from the command line where the results were identical whether or not I added a third element to the command_line() variable (e.g., >"c:\...\eu405\bin\eui.exe" "C:\...\euiup\samples\filedlg.ex" "*.exe")

Of course, I'd like to suggest that when a new package is published that it be accompanied by a small readme file that points the downloader in the direction of how the environment needs to be configured and where the downloaded files should be placed.

I find it interesting that newphil82 resurrected the "Is Euphoria ever going to be newbie-friendly?" thread after it being dormant for nearly a 1/2 year at the same time I was struggling with this issue. It seems my suggestion might be better placed in that thread.

Happy holidays to all.

mike

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu