Re: Wee editor 0.36

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
PeteE said...

I'm not so sure. The documentation refers to it as the Euphoria to C Translator or just Translator and doesn't put emphasis on the compilation step after the translation to C has happened. Perhaps euc is a just a shortened Euphoria to C.

Don't believe the documentation. At least until I have changed it. (The world need more humor.)

The "Eu to C" is a worthy observation.

In RDS3.1 it is definitely called "Euphoria to C translator" or "Translator." It was also named ecu. It only produced a C file which you then had to compile.

In oE4 it is euc and still "Euphoria to C Translator." But, the default result is a compiled app and not a translated C file unless you use the -keep flag.

I like the flow of eui (euphoria interpreter) so it goes with euc (euphoria compiler) as a matching set. Much easier to understand what is going on. Much simpler to remember.

I have also seen references that if a "translator" does enough processing it can be elevated to "compiler."

Now, in a Wee editor (if targeting simple minded programmers like me) Translate is not doing a "translate" job--it Compiles (no option there to even produce a translated product).

I can spin the documentation either way. But, "compiler" make the most sense to me at the moment.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu