Re: Prior Releases

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jmduro said...
Spock said...

A wish list is a bit late now, I suppose. Even if someone did add these things to 3.2 what about any important bug fixes that went into 4.0 that later programs require? No. Too much work for someone.

You have probably noticed that a lot of routines of 4.0 standard libraries are written in Euphoria and thus are portable to 3.1.

3.2 could be a 3.11 with standardized libraries as of 4.0. That would not be too much work and even I can do it. I have my own set of libraries I put in all my contributions, but I would update my programs if we could agree on a 4.0 based standard library.

Regards

Jean-Marc

Hi Jean-Marc,

Yes. Many of the standard libraries in 4.0 could easily be ported to 3.2 but the changes I referred to would require significant changes to the parser and back end, ie, to the language itself as opposed to any standard include files. And, as noted, any internal bug fixes would also be missed. Still, nice try.

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu