Re: Try/Catch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
Spock said...

SSC will continue program execution whenever an event occurs so it means no change is needed to existing programs - apart from a single if/then test at a sub-program boundary if the coder wants to take advantage of it.

Spock said...

I don't think we're understanding each other here. I won't have to change a single line in my libraries in order to use SSC.

I certainly don't understand. Some examples might help, in fact, can we have a formal design spec for this SSC, please?

SSC are just error codes transmitted up & down calling levels by using a hidden parameter in the calling sequences. They're a lot like Go's error codes but they aren't explicitly declared. They just signal to a caller that something went wrong at a lower level and to take action accordingly.

The compiler will insert the appropriate calls so neither existing programs nor libraries will need to be retro-fitted to take advantage of them.

Anyway, this is all somewhat moot as OE seems set to eventually implement try/catch.

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu