Re: Try/Catch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

OK chaps. Can I just say that it appears, quite independently of each other, both Matt Lewis and myself have unilaterally decided exception handling should be implemented in OpenEuphoria and Phix respectively, when and if time allows, which is unlikely to be any time soon for either, and of course actually implementing it might very well uncover some really nasty and possibly insurmountable difficulties.

If you don't like it (and I don't, really) then don't use it (and I won't, probably). But (apart from the "yet" bit) it is not my place to tell others they cannot have it smile

Pete

PS to Mr Cuny: the subscript thing is a bit weak, the whole web browser or other big complicated program idea makes for a much stronger case, ie/eg if a video/audio/image file is corrupt, then a blank box with "error:plugin failure" or somesuch is way better than terminating the entire app, and obviously I agree with that wholeheartedly, as I hope would everyone else.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu