Re: Connection between PCs on the Internet

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

There area ton of other options to pursue

Going into paranoid mode...

You could log onto some irc network that hides the users' IP from each other, join an agreed-to #channel or @channel, then handshake a while with an agreed-to Q&A session, and then tell each other your IP addresses. If you are going to do this manually, then many irc clients have file transfer abilities (sometimes called DCC).

Or you could whois, who, ping, or otherwise annoy a whole class C where you know your source is going to be, until you get back the correct responce, and that's their IP, and then you handshake with the usual Q&A prompt-responce, etc. This is not a good idea if NORAD or some .mil is in that class C.

Or you watch some site where people post stuff, supposedly anonymously, and they or you post your IP in some obtuse fashion, which the other person watching can see, and then you handshake with the usual Q&A prompt-responce, etc.

Seems to me i wrote a Eu program, years ago, to upload files to the Eu postit section of this website, which sorta makes it a server, in that it sends a file to somewhere on the internet. It's in the archives, or buried deep in OE somewhere, i forget.

You could do all the above using TOR or a VPN. If any of this is too complicated, just use Mirc.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu