Re: Try/Catch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I like this stick-in-the-mud statement from 14 years ago:

Rob Craig said...

If exception handling is such a Good Thing, why do I have so many Windows programs on my machine (written in "modern languages" such as C++) crashing with disappointing frequency, and all I get is a message from the O/S: "program X has attempted an illegal operation and will be shut down". These modern programs don't detect their own error, apologize, or bow out gracefully.

Regards, Rob Craig

It's frustrating that such things people wanted from back then, are still not in OE, just because "blah doesn't have it, so i intentionally won't either". Can you imagine how much better OE would be today if OE had simply taken the request list of 15 years ago and put that stuff into OE right away, first thing, OE v1? Yeas folks, it's been 15 years, some of you have gotten married and now have teenage kids now, and OE is still sitting on that statement by Robert Craig (and other statements by other people) way back in the mists of time, pre-smart phone, pre-200GB hdd, pre-multicore Pentiums.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu