Re: OpenEuphoria's Strategy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
SDPringle said...

There is no reason I couldn't add irc.e and taskmsgs.e to my alternative literals branch. I have given up the idea that this will ever go into the default branch. Can you point me to some documentation for them?

Shawn Pringle

In May 2014 i gave up irc3.e to Ryan. I just gave up irc4.e to ne1uno on irc. Ry and ne1uno are OE devs. Note again, what i said to ne1uno in the last hour on irc tonight:

[23:06] <katsmeow-afk> that is exactly what you just saw connect and quit as  any948871854 
[23:06] <ne1uno> ty 
[23:07] <katsmeow-afk> BECAUSE it CAN connect and quit and log, it's MORE than what any dev wants to be in irc.e 
[23:08] <katsmeow-afk> so someone is SURE to hack it apart, screw it up, and then bitch about it 
[23:08] <katsmeow-afk> and while they hack at it, my version which will work when i hack it, will be unofficial, and their hacked version MIGHT become official 
[23:08] <katsmeow-afk> but they won't update their hacked version with my version 
[23:09] <katsmeow-afk> ergo, i will be useless again 
[23:17] <katsmeow-afk> i don't remember which version of taskmsgs.e works, and which was my dev version 
[23:18] <katsmeow-afk> yep, i had taskmsgs.e on my website for anyone to get also 
[23:19] <katsmeow-afk> i'll put that version back up 
<snip> 
[23:23] <katsmeow-afk> DesignerThinking.com/taskmsgs.e  , which is up now, AGAIN, from 15 months ago, is the last version i had up, and i don't remember if it is the last of my dev versions 
I wish i could remain part of my "babies", if any more work is "required" on them (such as the multiserver version of irc.e, which works except it is midway thru a irc.e-irc_client.exw split and not suitable for release). I am pretty sure i'll be kicked out of them.

Kat

there is an over 4 year old open ticket to add irc,e to the networking suite. I don't know why this wasn't done earlier. (or care)

task messages between tasks will be a nice functionality to add to task.e and I can't imagine anyone that uses tasks would find the code anything but useful. it was brought up on the forum before and somehow the process got tanked. no matter. I saved an earlier version of the code in euqt, but didn't want to move it into task.e until Kat actually donated it to openeuphoria directly. we don't have a formal process for this but posting the code to the ticket system once done should be enough.

euphoria style guidelines, adding doc comments, a few redundant functions from the stdlib removed, a few include statement changes, finishing the split out of the demo client from irc.e and some test routines are all that the code needs. it's only a few dozen lines.

I will post on the ticket system and forum once that is done. won't happen this weekend.

we should remember, for many of the forum posters, English is not their first language and never attribute to malice what can better be described as stupidity or something like that in relation to any comments about the code or the coder when it comes to adding or taking away something from euphoria syntax.

it's all just syntax, not that big a deal. show me the docs and I can figure out a way to do it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu