Re: OpenEuphoria's Strategy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...
jimcbrown said...

Why isn't Python an option? You explained the other two, but omitted Python. Just curious.

Ooops. I should have written Lua, not Python.

To be honest, I probably should be using Python.

But I figured it would probably be easier to port the code to Euphoria, since it would have less of a learning curve. I'd already gone through the suffering of porting the code to C, and didn't want to learn a new language.

Plus, the code needs to run reasonably fast. It's a voice synthesis program, and even in C was pretty slow. Euphoria gives the option to fall back to a compiled version. I figured that if Python turned out to be too slow, I'd pretty much be stuck, and have to port the program yet again.

- David

I'am just curious why not Pascal? Or did you here about http://nim-lang.org/ (i mention this becouse it has some similaritys to Python and Pascal)
(btw i do not like this "Whitespace is significant in Python source code" if prefer "begin" and "end" like in Pascal (or Euphoria))

Andreas

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu