Re: open_dll(st) not working as expected

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
cp said...

Could you shed some light on best practice in interacting with dll's here. I'm new to the topic. The use case is: Customers will be installing a (Eu) compiled exe that requires functions from a single dll that already exists on their machine (from installation of a different product). That dll could be in different locations depending on where the customer installed it and that dll has multiple dependencies most of/all of which are in the same location or in the normal search path. I was wanting to just have customer set the system PATH environment variable to point to the dll's location but there are some PATH/dll conflicts with their application that make this impossible so I'm looking for new strategies.

So it sounds like one option is to call open_dll() for each of the dependencies and then for the primary dll. I could use absolute path/file names assuming I look this up from the registry or something. Does the order of opening the dependencies matter other than for the main dll I want should be last?

thanks -Casey

Unfortunately, it depends. The order can matter, if some of those dependencies depend on other of those dependencies, and so on. With some libraries, this becomes a very complex graph. Every case is different.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu