Re: OpenEuphoria's Strategy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

I'm puzzled by the posters here who seem to want Euphoria to be unusable on modern computers.

Hi Irv.

All versions of EU, from 1.0 to 3.*, are 100% usable on modern computers in DOSBox.

Just ex.exe, under Windows, FreeBSD, Fedora, Gentoo Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, RISC OS, Debian, Solaris 10, BeOS plus Russian KolibriOS, Rosa Linux etc.

So, yours "who seem to want" is just absolutely impossible.

irv said...

I'm also puzzled why they bother to make the request, since as far as I know, Eu 2.1 is freely available.

Yes, but any version of EU is freely available now and can work with programs of The RDS Archive.

irv said...

Download it, and then go dig up a 286 computer with 256 megs of memory to run it on.

He-he, Irv, EU works on 386 and up with 640k and up. It doesn't work on 286.

irv said...

There's no need to force the rest of us to go retro.

But who "forces the rest of us to go retro"?

My main PC now is Packard Bell monoblock oneTwo L5351, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 605e 2.30GHz, 8.00Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, 1920x1080 touchscreen, Windows 7 max + Windows XP Pro + DOSBox 0.74, Rosa Linux + DOSBox 0.74.

Is it "retro" or is it too bad?

But I have my old good mainframe 386DX 25MGz with 8.00Mb RAM too, and it works ok.

Best Regards!

Igor Kachan

kinz

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu