Re: OpenEuphoria community proposal

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Ryan, i laud your ideas, but sadly, some have been proposed before, and rejected.

If you were to write an article extolling the benefits of Eu vs any other language, what is there to talk about except sequences and binding? Tossing "speed" into the bragging is a red herring, it doesn't matter how fast a language is if it doesn't have the features one needs.

Regarding votes and values, that's all in the eye of the beholder, those people needing those functions. I still have no use for hashes or maps or regex. I do use tasks and "goto" and the socks libs. I can think of several functions mentioned over the years which were boisterously derided (the kindest words i can come up with right now), only to be used later.

I suggested user archives on openeuphoria.org for libs and apps donated, which run on OE and not RDS's versions. This was roundly shot down as politically slapping Robert Craig in the face. I still support it, as i support a link here to point over to RDS.

Adding pictures and video could be helpful to the articles pages. There is a difference between new.e distributed by EO devs and the version which actually uses tasks and runs totally asynchronously, and it seems i cannot tell anyone using words.

I think there is considerable overlap in each of your suggestions, but all good ideas.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu