Re: Moderation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
ryanj said...

I noticed that. Is it fair to keep someone on the bad list for something that happened ~9 months ago?

Definitely not, if it was only one incident and that someone has a clean record before and since. Especially not if the person apologizes or is otherwise able to come to a compromise with the moderators and other parties (if applicable)...

It's more justifiable for someone who tends to make a habit out of it... and even more so when that habit tends to pop up shortly after extended moderation is turned off...

That said, no one is subjected to this on a permanent basis. A long enough period of good behavior, by itself, will result in this being lifted. Violations within a period could get it extended, however. (Which is how it's possible that the period could be longer than 9 months.)

Well, i can see "someone's" post was deleted again. I happen to know exactly what she said this time. Was it a "personal attack"? I suppose, but it was only against the one doing the moderation. Now she will be even more upset, and will probably say something else, only to be deleted by you again. So the cycle continues, she is bitter and you have complete control over what she can and can't say here, and it's just your word against hers. When will this stop?

I hate getting in the middle of this, but i must, because "someone" is not just some random spammer or troll that needs to be silenced. She is part of the Euphoria community, and has been longer than many of us, and even though she has said things in the past that you felt needed to be moderated, she does have valuable ideas and contributions to this community.

This needs to stop. So, this is what i suggest for both of you.

• useless - I suggest you stop using "useless" as a name on this forum, because that says you are already assuming anything you say should just be ignored or deleted. With that kind of attitude and image, you might as well not post anything. Instead, please use your original nick - kat, eukat, or katsmeow. With that name, also bring a new attitude and new image of yourself - don't say anything out of negative emotions. Punch a wall or cuss at jimcbrown or smash a keyboard or whatever you need to do to vent, but don't type it on this forum. You have valuable things to say that are relevant to Euphoria, so please moderate yourself.
  • jimcbrown - You know you have the power to do anything to this forum as an admin, and you can delete or edit posts. But you also have the ability to be diplomatic to resolve problems before they degrade into flame wars that appear one-sided because you have deleted the "offending party's" ability to defend themselves while you appear to be fair and just. It's just your word against hers. Whatever happened in the past, we can't do anything about that. But in the present, i suggest you remove the ban/wait for moderation from kat/eukat/katsmeow. Leaving the ban on "useless" is reasonable, because nobody wants to hear what "useless" has to say. But I would like to hear what "Kat" has to say.

Lets sign a peace treaty and start fresh, ok?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu