Re: euphoria config fail

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

My cure:
I still use dos batch files to set up each and every app once it's possibly launchable, with directories for it's include files instead of any other app's include files, even if they are the same files. I will make a clean Eu install, put the app's files in it, and only the required includes. The .bat file specifies the paths. Now i know it will always work, on C:, on D:, or sent to another computer.

My proposed fix:
If eu.cfg is made effective, imo Eu*.exe should look in only one place: the app's start directory.

An app that "runs on euphoria" should be in the Eu's drive:\\rootdir\ path, and the app that's standalone should be in it's own drive:\\rootdir\ path, and it's not kosher that those two situations share where they look for include or config files. The standalone app written in Euphoria and installed on E:\ should not go walkabout looking for the Euphoria installation on C:\ or it's cfg file.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu