Re: Euphoria's strengths

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...

It's more difficult to do that with translated programs. And hasn't been implemented yet. We'd need to create a symbol table similar to what we have for routine ids. Possibly multiple, in order to allow access to non-file-level vars.

Which is why I said it's hard to do. It can be done, but it'd be hard. In addition to the variable_id() stuff, adding wildcard searching is probably not a lot of work.

But adding the ability to dynamically add and remove variables from the variable table on the fly? In a translated program? It can be done, it's just a lot more work.

eukat said...

And i know i am taking a speed hit, which shouldn't happen with native support in the core.

Actually, from the translator side, the solution would probably take the same speed hit (since instead of using native C variables whenever we can, we'd have to store everything in the variable table and do lookups all the time, same as what you did back in 2003).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu