Re: Try/Catch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

From the perspective of the IDE writer, it's easy to anticipate a badly written plugin (perhaps still in beta) crashing and throwing a Throwable. But this can be handled - catch the Throwable and maybe disable/unload the plugin. And pop up a message box so the bug can be reported from the user to the developer of the bad plugin.

Since this bug is already catch in a very elegant way, the user don't even bother to report it; he simply continue his work and this bug will last another few years (as I've seen in many programs).

If the IDE would have crashed, I bet that this plugin would have fixed or removed much quicker. Personally I don't bother to report a bug unless it really bothers me (if the program crashes). And there are so many bugs out there.

As an experienced user, I save and backup my work frequently. I guess any programmer does. Automatic backups are common option in editors, since the developers are realistic after all.

(Don't be offended, I'm just commenting here)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu