Re: Editor

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

Very nice!

That means I've got a wish list for it. smile

• Highlight the line with an error in some way.
  • Automatically load/reload ex.err in one of the tabs after running.

I feel this is already handled well enough by the View->Goto Error F4 option - it shows a MessageBox with the error message and moves the cursor to the line with the error.

said...
  • An API for an intellisense list
  • An API for hints

Line numbers are good for lots of things, including highlighting errors. You might be able to do this by adjusting the size of the editable portion to make room for a line number column. You'd have to manually draw the line numbers, but you could then support other stuff, like special symbols indicating lines with errors and so forth.

I dislike having line numbers on the side, and other visual noise, but if you can strongly persuade me and suggest an easy way to do so, I'll consider it.

said...

If you're interested, I've got the beginnings of a parser that can get all sorts of useful information from a file - all the functions and procedures, the parameter lists, the declarations, and so on. It doesn't support the full syntax for variable declarations (comma delimited declarations are incomplete), but it's a start. It doesn't handle any of the new namespace stuff, either. I think it could work well as the backend to intellisense or an auto-complete.

I would very much like to have a look, please email it to my gmail address, if you don't mind. I have my own ideas on how to handle the parsing and symbol table, but it would be nice to have a starting point. I'll have to investigate the namespace and forward references in 4.0 as well, since my mind is still set in the 3.1 ways.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu