Re: [OT] Microsoft takes .NET open source and cross-platform

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I wish to summarize from a different perspective, what I've said about the future of Euphoria;

1. Personally I wish to help promoting Euphoria by configuring Eclipse IDE for the next generation of programmers; or by helping to write an Euphoria IDE in Euphoria language itself - which has an advantage.

But for the last 15 years I live in an unstable war zone, and it's hard to focus on big projects while the walls of the house are shaking from artillery, rockets and guerrilla attacks.

So don't get me wrong, it's not because I'm lazy... it's because of the fragile life style in this area.

That's why I wish that someone can help promoting Euphoria, and targeting Euphoria to younger and inexperienced programmers, for its popularity.

2. The global politics and economy is on the edge of the worst crises in the history. Even those who don't know it - feel it.

It causes depression and lack of motivation in many areas, including programming of course.

OpenEuphoria is not unique from this point of view; many hi tech companies are on the edge of unknown future; many workers are losing their jobs; and the bank systems are existing only upon speculations - their debts are already a political, as well as military, problem.

US economy lost its followers, which means that the political and military situation is going to get explosive globally.

It may sound absurd, but it might be the last chance for Euphoria programming language to get some glory - which in my opinion it surely deserves.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu