Re: Euphoria's identity/philosophy -- Where is the focus?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

The old docs tell you a shell sort is unstable but do not define "stable."

The cure for a better sort algorithm is if you, Spock, could contribute the code you have developed and already tested to the standard library. We would all be grateful.

Spock said...

Another example: The Hash Table in map.e - Although this probably has correctness, it is extremely bloated and has terrible performance. I would consider this implementation to be the HT equivalent of BubbleSort. Of course I've written my own with a much simpler interface and much better performance.

The same goes for alternative Hash algorithms and interface.

_tom

Hi Tom,

When I tested the HT in map.e on an image to try and count the number of unique colors in a bitmap I got a performance difference of some ridiculous factor, in favor of my code. I would have repeated that test right now except.. I can't get map.e to work!

I'll post something later when I can figure it out.. which is the whole point of what I am saying. Why should I have to do extra work to cover someone else's mistake? Whether that's a code lib or programming language, same thing.

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu