Re: Open Euphony -- for "offline" Euphoria discussions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

Forked from Re: Euphoria isn't dying - just needs a jolly good kick!

tbohon said...

I tend to agree with everything ChrisB says. The language itself is more than usable ... we need 'marketing' and, as my ex-wife would say, 'branding'. Example of the latter: every time someone sees a certain phrase or logo they immediately think of OpenEuphoria. Think of a trademark situation.

The OpenEuphoria home page is OK and if you're already familiar with what OE is it's adequate. BUT ... if you're new (just found it by using Google, e.g.) then it can be pretty confusing. Maybe ChrisB's ideas of 'spicing it up' would be a good first step? My time is pretty limited but I'd be willing to help with ideas, mockups based on those ideas, etc. I WOULD suggest that a group get together 'off-line' from the forum and focus on that without everybody and his brother 'helping' at every stage ... once we have what the group thinks is a workable page and or marketing plan we can then open it up to comments.

Just my 2c worth here of course ... and as always this is worth exactly what you paid for it :) :) :)

Tom

I forked this topic so it wouldn't look like a hidden topic.

I just created an email account: openeuphony@gmail.com

I choose "euphony" instead of Euphoria because this is for "offline" discussions.

A forum is part of this email address. The process seems to be that you email openeuphony and then I add you to the Open Euphony forum. From there we can start an "offline" discussion.

Since this is not an official forum no-one will have to make excuses that they are too busy to contribute...instead every little bit will help.

_tom

Could you please explain how the gmail-based discussion list is supposed to work, practically?

Thanks

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu