Re: Data structures in the next release

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

[...]

jimcbrown said...

I've used tinewg and I think you sell yourself short here. I find it a great product.

Thank you for this kind words... Maybe you are the one who likes to be the first person, who is adventurous enough to test Jiri Bobors Sudoko as a 64bit program ...?!

andi49 said...

I know i get what i pay for ... but what i miss is 'Tue Gutes und rede darueber.' translate to 'Do good and tell people about it!'

jimcbrown said...

Agreed. But, well, real-life and all that ... what's a person to do?

Make it public available... In a usable form ;) In form of binarys (working programs and anounce it).
Example : Maybe if someone ask for memstructs you can just point him to the download page ...

andi49 said...

I miss 'the progress in OpenEuphoria pushed to the public', i'am sure not every Euphoriaprogramer likes to install gcc and msys and hg to just have the most recent Interpreter.

jimcbrown said...

You mean the eubins? Getting those back up is definitely a priority.

Not only the eubins, but yes, they would be a good start (togehther with a simple changelog textfile).

andi49 said...

I'am really sure they want them on the downloadpage. Including some information.
Maybe things like Multiassign (easy to use and really fast) or deprecated support or 64bit support or reduced parsing time or smaller dll's or fixed memory leaks ....

jimcbrown said...

You mean eubins for all of these branches? 64bit support has been up there for a while. I think Matt has put up binaries for his branches, like memstructs, from time to time as well.

Or do you mean info on the download pages explaining what's happening with each update (i.e. what's changed) ? I'm not sure it makes sense to have all that information in the download page however. That's available from the hg logs (which you can browse online) and from the release notes (also available online).

No not with each update, but a simple binary release (not even a full setup, maybe just a zip with a change log).

As example, for the main release (Eu 4.0.x) a zip file and a simple changelog.txt every 6 month. Just to keep people informed thats something going on.

This would be great.

That's what i 'wish'. (Not what i 'want') ;)

Don't forget : Most people just visit a webpage in a few seconds, they do not browse hg logs or something like this, they look for downloads ...

Andreas

(and please forgive my bad english)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu