Re: Ver 4 problem

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

You all have good points. With just a little bit of looking around, it isn't difficult to find a recent build of Euphoria. I don't mean to be harsh, but, think about a what a person may think when they look at the website and see the following information:

• Server Maintenance: Aug 07, 2013. Several months ago, the site may have been down for a few hours. That's good to know....
  • Euphoria 4.0.5 Released! Woohoo! Oh wait...that was Oct 19, 2012...over 1 year ago :'-( So.......are there any new developments?
  • Outage the weekend of June 22nd to 25th: That's good to know....

Ok, so nothing has happened for a year. Moving on....

Obviously, people can figure out how to download a development version, but which one of hundreds of daily builds is the most stable? The one from yesterday? 4 days ago? What about new bugs or experimental features? Should i try one from a month ago for more stability? Or was the last stable version 3 months ago?

I think people would really appreciate it if someone who knows about the developments of Euphoria would write a quick paragraph at least every month or two, explaining the exciting new developments coming up in the next version, and recommended beta versions to download. I think the whole point of the front page is to catch people's attention and attract people to Euphoria. No one expects a new version every few months, I think they just want to see that a new version is under development, and that there will be new features to look forward to. Even if it's a few months away, at least people would know what's going on without combing through hundreds of forum posts or dev-team mail messages.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to complain, I just want to see Euphoria's "public relations" improve and the Euphoria community to grow. I would volunteer to do it myself, but I don't have time because I'm already busy trying to contribute by writing useful open-source programs in Euphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu