Re: New Pdf For Editing or Download

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Effectively I am working with a fork of the official documentation.

There is a new arrangement of directories under /euphoria/docs.

• the idea is to make it easier (for me) to work on different sections of the documentation
  • subdirectories will make it easier to organize images (yet to be created)
  • this is all an experiment; not ready to upload to the official SCM

I zipped a copy of the directory I a working with and uploaded it to google.docs as releasing-oE-321.zip (about 25MB). Assumptions:

• eudoc and creole are compiled and copied to /usr/share/bin
  • /demo and /tutor are ignored (since they will not be changed in the near future)
  • executing makepdf.ex should produce a few directories containing .html documentation

The makepdf.ex programs does a few odd things. I edit an intermediate .html to make links and images work. Getting images into a pdf will require that they link to subdirectories in /euphoria/docs.

Reading .html documentation with Libre Office lets me save it as an .odt file and lets me create a pdf. Libre Office will read the styles from an existing .odt file so formatting and page numbering details are copied into a newer .odt file.

Google.docs converts .odt files into its own format when I uploaded the sample documentation (except for the api file...it choked on the file size). You can open and then view, edit, or save the Google.docs files in any format you wish, including pdf, directly from google.docs.

So that is how it is done.

By now Matt is smiling, since these complications were motivated by my desire to avoid Latex.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu