Re: Ver 4 problem

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
useless_ said...

I was not referring to the version number, i was referring to the fact there is no current official release, no big font face anywhere saying "download this to be up to date". Looks to me like someone downloaded v4.0b4 because they thought that was the most recent stable version.

You must be looking at a different page than me. On every page I go to on this site, there is a "downloads" tab right there at the top. 4.0b4 is on the "Previous Releases" page, waaaay down. If you somehow managed to find that link and decided it was the most recent stable version, there is something wrong with you.

I assumed that Don has been using that version for a long time for some reason and has simply never upgraded. Even if it doesn't fix the problem he's having, 4.0.5 is much better, probably a lot faster and definitely less likely to leak memory.

For reference and the terminally lazy, here is what the download page looks like as I post this:

downloads said...

Euphoria v4

For help with selecting a Release, or for ideas as what to do after downloading click here

Current: Euphoria 4.0.5

Released: October 19th, 2012

Binary Releases

Platform Description Link
Linux 32-bit Debian Package for 32-bit systems euphoria_4.0.5_i386.deb
Linux 64-bit Debian Package for 64-bit systems (32-bit euphoria binaries) euphoria_4.0.5_amd64.deb
Linux 32-bit Generic tar/gz package for 32-bit systems euphoria-4.0.5-Linux-ix86.tar.gz
Linux 32-bit Generic tar/bz2 package for 32-bit systems euphoria-4.0.5-Linux-ix86.tar.bz2
Windows Windows installer (standard) euphoria-4.0.5.exe
Windows Windows installer (with OW) euphoria-4.0.5-ow.exe

Wow, v4.0.5 from Oct 19, 2012?? That IS ancient. I am using a v4.0.5 from February 11, 2013. Shame there's been no releases since, or that the download page is still issuing a release 4 months OLDER than the one i am using.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu