Re: OPENMP

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Jim Brown said: " several years of experience in programming is typically required. ", implying that I am admittedly not a C programmer and therefore could not have climbed up the ladder.

I graduated upwards to project manager in bigger companies after successfully handling 4 projects AND PROGRAMMING in Quickbasic, and two projects in Clipper (a database software generating .dbf files). I also created a 4000 pages web site using HTML3 for a small company. That was in the 20th century.

Microsoft changed to VB, and I learnt some basics of it, and then I found out that in the "new status" as project manger in larger companies, I did not need to program myself. I looked at QB64,. but have not recommended it for any projects. Currently Mono is my favourite if the project requires VB compatibility rather than VB or dotnet, but I still do not actual do any programming.

Microsoft bought out dBase compatible Foxpro and more or less killed it in favour of VB, Excel and Access. I still actual program in Clipper, for little home databases, but prefer to use dBase/Clipper compatible Harbour/Minigui because of the GUI. However I have not recommended it in the commercial world, where various flavours of SQL rule, and dbf is bad word.

In the Web design world, HTML4 and HTML5 are being overshadowed by the likes of Dreamweaver and Ajax, and there is now a greater emphasis on the need for artistic talent in the Project manager, the programming part being taken over by "school kids". I do not have the artistic skills and have stayed away from larger Web design projects.

This thread is about OPENMP for Euphoria, and I would not like to dwell too much on the past and on other languages. Thank you for your interest. If you want to know about other languages or Project management, you should look up the Internet.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu