Re: OPENMP

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
EUWX said...

There are many other Euphoria developers who also are equally able. Anybody whose mind can understand the "voids" of C language (my mind is completely void of it) can implement it easily.

Just on a side-note, this is probably not a good thing to admit to if you are charging the rates you do.

Actually in the world I work in, there are disticnt levels: -
CEO, whose does not know the difference between C language and knows only yachting and "Sea" language
Managing director, who only knows what the budget is for the project; he does not know the difference between C language and "seeing" the project go ahead.

Specific Project manager, who if dealing with an application development, knows whether to use Java or VB or lately Javascript, and has heard of C language in his student days. He cannot program in these languages himself.
Specific Project manager, who if dealing with a middleware development or language development, knows he will need good C plus plus and/or C expertise in the contractor or programmers he hires; He cannot program in these languages himself.

There are also specific Project managers, who handle web development, but do not know Dreamweaver and Ajax, sufficiently to program themselves, but they hire appropriate programmers to carry out the assignment. I do not get involved in these projects lately, just not my cup-of-tea any more.

Sometimes, (not as often these days), there is a system analyst, who again may not know C language, but knows about its existence and usage by the programmers under him.
Programmers - contractors often, because of the uncertainty of time taken, and sometimes employees, who know C and C plus plus inside out. Even they may not know enough C if the project is being coded in VB or dotnet or Java if that is what the program is written in.

In house tester, junior programmers (sometimes students or recent student hired with Government help). They know enough of the C languages and are eager to learn more, but hate the task of testing. Or they know enough of VB or dotnet or Java if that is what the program is written in.
Outside testers paid by contract, or by the number of valid and validable errors they spot.

That basically is the hierarchy and I fit in nicely in the picture as a project manager, and those in superior and lower positions to me know that I do not know programming in C, nor do they expect me to know.

So, Mr. Derek Parnell, I am not worried at all.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu