Re: Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ne1uno said...

I ran the demo on a 2.7g single core Xp and startup was around 5 seconds. if you're online at the time or computer is doing something else there can be a lag, (as you know) you have to run multiple tests to be sure. turn off CPU sucking apps! check the task manager. using some version of eu41.

translated, the demo starts before you can move away from the icon you just double clicked. before I can start counting. That is plenty fast. and less than 2 meg uncompressed. this is massively light weight compared to some others, even those that depend on external dll.

That's good to hear. I haven't had time to do much performance testing yet.

said...

I have tried some early versions of FAE and hope you can get back to the virtual OS part, time permitting.

what about serial port/joystick input? or is that in the proprietary extended version?

I do want to add multi-process communication. As far as joystick input, I don't know how to do that. If someone wanted to help with that....

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu