Re: Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
eukat said...
mattlewis said...
jimcbrown said...

You seem to be asking for FluidAE to also be a preprocessor. There's nothing wrong with this, though this is typically outside the remit of a GUI toolkit. Still, I know that ryanj has plans to make FluidAE special, and maybe this is just one more method to make it stand out.

I must admit, I'm totally lost. I can't figure out what her requests have to do with FAE. They seem like another round of dynamic code execution ideas that would require a lot of changes to the guts of euphoria, regardless of what other libraries were involved.

Matt

How is one include line, and one procedure to call user-supplied code, being a dynamic include that involves huge changes to Eu? To me, this smells like the same people putting it down, until 5 years from now when it becomes a good idea and part of an official release, with a different author.

Dynamic include. This looks to me like it's being included at run time, not parse time. Whether you want to believe it or not, this would take a lot of work to make happen, no matter how awesome the idea is, and whether the work is done tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Matt

That said, I don't think anyone disagrees with the fact that dynamic includes are a good idea and very useful. It's just a lot of work to implement. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that so-and-so author, who finishes implement it 5 years from now and publishes the finished code at that time, actually started 5 years ago (in 2008).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu