Re: Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...
useless_ said...

So we cannot edit the widget library? What are the penalties for doing so?

Yes, you could make your own custom widget classes, but it has to be done a specific way or it won't work correctly with the other widget classes. My intention is to provide a complete set of standard widgets classes so that people don't need to make their own.

I applaud your attitude. It is better to give the application programmer a reasonably complete set of functions and tell him not to meddle with those rules. He/she could then concentrate on creating a good application without worrying about the GUI and without worrying abolut any absent features.
I will even say that it is best to give a reasonably complete set of GUI functions and tell him to take it or leave it.
There are too many people writing too many functions and modifications to Euphoria, and not enough programmers using the language. The time spent (wasted) in these so called modifications is better spent on promoting the language in forums and areas where it matters.
One of the reasons I was suggesting many "includes" into one and building a "no entry" wall around it was this concern.

ryanj: My suggestion to you is to go ahead and finish the task the way YOU want to finish it, and then spend some time in giving us the demos and documentations. You then look at it later only when there are significant changes in windows APIs

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu