Re: Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...
useless_ said...

There is a gotcha in it: all the widgets must be different, you cannot reuse code even with a different-named widget.

I'm sorry, I do not understand what you mean by "you cannot reuse code". It should be possible to create multiple instances of dialogs, or even multiple instances of groups of widgets that can be placed wherever you want. I am in the process of writing an application that will demonstrate this.

From the irc logs of 10/10/2013 :

[21:01] <rywilly_> if you are curious, i wrote a really detailed API manual (pdf file) and there's a demo application, too
[21:02] <useless-afk> i *was* curious, until you said i couldn't run two or more widgets of the same code
[21:03] <rywilly_> i still am not sure what you were trying to say, i don't know if it can do what you want or not getlost
[21:11] <useless-afk> how is FAE going to know i amrunning the same code twice, and what is the penalty i am subjected to?

And you had said regarding using the same code in multiple widgets, that FAE wasn't that OO.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu