Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Euphoria is an elegant programming language that has the potential to compete with other programming languages. Sadly, for many years, it has been lacking libraries and tools necessary for people to take it seriously as anything other than a hobby language. One of the major areas it is lacking in is Graphical User Interface libraries. Although there are several libraries available, they are all somewhat difficult to use because they wrap the complex Win32 API or third-party libraries that are written in C.

FluidAE is an exciting new GUI library that makes it easier than ever to design a graphical user interface in the Euphoria programming language. It is written from scratch in pure Euphoria code to take full advantage of Euphoria's sequences, namespaces, and other syntax features with minimal overhead. Internally, FluidAE hides the complexities of low-level operating-system-specific APIs with an “operating system window” layer of code. On top of this layer is a special system of Widgets that you control through a unique, elegant, and intuitive API. This API has several major advantages.

I am happy to announce that after 8+ years of experimentation, research, and rewriting code multiple times, FluidAE 3.0.alpha1 has finally been released! I sincerely hope that this project will help the Euphoria community to create high-quality software.

If you are interested in GUI programming, you can download it from http://fluidae.com/. Also, you can join the #fluidae channel on irc.freenode.net where I am available to chat about this project.

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu