Re: Passing sequences to functions & procedures / Memory limits in openEuphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

PBR; Thanks, this is very good news as I *usually* just perform read on large sequences; I was under the impression that passing any object was done by value. However, I would like to see the possibility to use pass-by-reference and having the ability to write on it without the copy. Is that something you are considering (I'm sorry if the question has been addressed a multitude of times before..)?

mattlewis said...

It has certainly been talked about and thought about. I experimented a bit with this in my ooeu experiments. There are some tricky issues involved in implementation.

I can only imagine. The way it's implemented today should be sufficient for me in most cases.

Signed integer; Why is the integer tracking the size of a sequence signed?

mattlewis said...

This was how Rob implemented it. I'd guess that he figured it was big enough. And practically speaking, it should be.

I agree, just found it a bit strange, that's all (a conclusion based on ignorance on my part).

ZNorQ aka Kenneth

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu