Re: Prototype-Based Programming

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
TheresNoTime said...

OMG. You don't understand. Emails and OS was analogy. You can shutdown part of Erlang-program and install new version. All the other parts did not notice.

I understood - like I said, I do this all the time in Euphoria. I was extending your analogy further - even though you can do this, I question if you really need this capability. Why overcomplicate things? Whatever happened to KISS?

I did not say I need it. It was an example of the Erlang's versatility. Perhaps this complication in the form in which you are using it. Because there is no Euphoria means to do so, and your solution - it's a crutch. When the partition of the program into independent modules supported on the design level, it is a huge help. Manner dosn't matter - Erlang's messages, PowerShell's cmdlets, Zonnon's components... Euphoria's C-like DLLs are in a different row.

said...
TheresNoTime said...

WHAT??? HOW??? For example, I create ineffective function Factorial. When i=1000, I noticed it and create effective version. How to change contents of Factorial() on the fly, that the program has continued to work and previous calculations are not lost?

It looks like this:

It looks completely different. The closest analogy - two (or more) programs that operate in parallel and communicate via sockets.

said...
TheresNoTime said...

Complex program can be developed in any language. Cobol is ugly, but many large cobol-applications are still living, and even continue to grow.

True. Of course, that's a problem for any complex program, regardless of language - even the most elegant of all, Lisp.

Concatenative programming languages ​​do not have this problem because the scalability, in fact, the only element of the language. :)

said...
TheresNoTime said...

Either I do not understand documentation, or you do not understand what I meant. Please indicate appropriate chapter of manual by your finger.

I used that finger to type this. That counts, right? tongue

http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/UsingDLLs.wc

http://openeuphoria.org/docs/std_dll.html#_5465_define_c_func

I knew all this before. As I suspected, you do not understand me.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu