Re: Procedural design patterns?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

A comment about this and 'Prototype based programming' and OOP in general.

Aren't you over thinking this? The whole point about Eu is that its incredibly simple to use, so that even a non fegree level educated programmer like myself, who essentially programs in his spare time, can pick it up and use it.

Surely adding OOP, prototype based programming, procedural design constraints and so on would just add to levels of complexity. Don't we use some of these elements already without being aware of it?

At the end of the day, the result is the goal, not the process of getting there (to me at least). My vet database currently runs at about 50000 or so lines of code (not counted, so don't quote), is easily readable (I can pick up code years after writing it, and get an understanding very quickly) yet runs blisteringly fast using sqlite, is multi user, and continues to grow (if not regularly).

If oop (or other stuff) does take a hold, then please don't lose what we have now, for the sake of 'keeping up with the Joneses)

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu