Re: Installing OpenEuphoria on LinuxMint

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dr_Who said...

trying the manual install it says to edit /etc/profile so that the path contains euphoria/bin, and either create an eu.cfg file or set up EUDIR and EUINC. See the include statement.

This is my /etc/profile I don't see any path sad

If you installed using the deb package, you shouldn't need to do anything like this to get started. The binaries get installed to /usr/bin which should already be on your path. You shouldn't need to update /etc/euphoria/eu.cfg at all. You can create more tailored configuration files that only affect your user or even a particular project, but for just getting started, you shouldn't have to do any of that.

What happens if you type "eui" on the command line? You should get something like this:

$ eui 
Euphoria Interpreter v4.0.5 development 
   Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2012-10-15 09:43:49, Id: 5743:62d94559f849 

ERROR: Must specify the file to be interpreted on the command line 

You shouldn't need to use sudo. ed.ex is included, and a few people use it. Most people use other editors. I would recommend taking a look at wxIDE. There are 32 and 64-bit versions available. It was developed on Kubuntu, so it should run on Mint (you may need to install wxWidgets if you don't already have it on your system).

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu